Can't believe it is 30 days till my wedding day:) SO excited yet so nervous to about getting everything done. I know whatever happens happens, but still you want the day to be fun and turn out nice:)
I have the following list of things that are taken care of:
The place we are getting married at
The room for the night
The rings(even though mine won't fit right now)
The food
The minister
The Photographer-Thanks for their donation and kindness:)
THE GROOM:) Hee Hee!!!
Things that still need done:
Clean the stained dress I have
Find something for the groom to wear
Bouquet
Cake
Decorations-going simple and cheap
Ceremony words and such
unity candles
Veil
hair decorations
makeup
don't have any idea how I am going to do my hair
serving set
toasting glasses
sure there is more I am forgetting
so much to do!!! I will just do the best I can as things come. Have to prioritize and do with what we got:) Don't know how it is all going to get done and afford it all, but we TRUST THE LORD and know that it will all be fine in the end.:)
2 comments:
some ideas I have
for the bouquet, pick some wild flowers if you have any around. I love wild flowers and it would match your wedding beautifully!
For the two unity candles, just use two long taper candles and a holder, and buy a thicker pillar candle and maybe add some ribbon to it. Cheap! If you're feeling adventurous, you can make your own taper candles and it would be amazingly cute and fir your theme. I remember once making them as a kid and we sawed off a chunk of a log (not a super big one, it should be maybe a bit smaller than a saucer plate in diameter) and drill a big enough hole in the middle so that made the the candle fits. I can't find a picture but it's very rustic looking and easy and homemade!
If you cant afford a veil and have nobody to borrow from, try making your own if you can afford the materials! http://www.save-on-crafts.com/florwedveil.html
a serving set really isn't necessary. Hubby and I didn't have one for our wedding. Just use whatever you have around the house, or ask your venue if you can borrow theirs (which is what we did). I think you can get plastic toasting glasses from the dollar store too.
you can also try making your own wedding cake :) It may not be as fancy or anything, but it would be made with love and I'm sure just as nice! http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/how-to-make-a-wedding-cake.htm
good luck! I'm rooting for you
Thanks for your ideas, they are great. We have the unitly candle holder, just need to get candles. So that won't be to bad, just trying to find ivory candles, I think I may have to order online.
I am thinking of making our own cake also, I am just worried I am going to put so many tasks for myself on my plate that I won't be able to get it all done on our day. I am having to do my own hair and makeup and all that to. If none of our friends are able to make it I will have to have my fiance help me get my dress on, that will be fun and interesting:)
It wouldn't be so hard except our wedding place is 3 hours from us so everything like the cake and such has to travel.
We will work it all out somehow:) Thanks love the ideas though:)
Post a Comment