background

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our wedding plans as of now-written 07-09

Our wedding plans as of now
Well with all the medical bills and my health not doing so good we have had to cancel our final attempt at a getting married. We will still be saying I do September 26th but it will just be the two of us.Ok so I know it isn’t about the wedding and it is about the two of us, but I think weddings are really important. That is the time you make a commitment and show your love in front of everyone you know. A time to make memories with all your friends and family. The time to just celebrate being husband and wife together in a big way:)We have never really wanted anything big and fancy. We just wanted simple and a good time for everyone that attended. I have always wanted a country-western type wedding. Like in a barn or something. Haybales for seating, country band to swing to, and a good ole fashioned big bbq:) So as you can see I am not wanting that 10,000+ wedding, but these days it all adds up to a lot!!!We have the coolest place we are getting married this fall. It is a little B&B in the midwest and it is all set up like a little old fashioned western town. It will be the coolest place. I can’t wait to say I do to my best friend:)It is just hard to give up the dream of having the wedding of “my” dreams and not share it with our friends and family. But since my family is 1600 miles away and it cost so much for food and such we will be doing it just us.I have seen so many ideas that people have used to make their weddings happen and I have seen how many people call them tacky and uncooth, but in this day and age with the average wedding costing $10,000+ I can see why people get more creative IE:sponsors,donate buttons on websites, ask poker tournaments, etc. I think it is a great idea if people are willing to give…why not!!! But others say a lot of mean hurtfull things about it. But if someone is willing to give knowing where the money is going and they are making someones dreams come true…WHY NOT???:)I have a few ideas and they are probably dumb and crazy but it is the only way that I am looking at a real wedding.Maybe I am looking at it all wrong, but when you dream of that day from the time you are a little girl…of the prince, the dress, the photos, the memories it is really hard to not want to fight for it. Especially when you see all your friends and familly at there weddings and all the fun and memories from it. The photos they look back at for the rest of their lives, I can’t help but want that.If anyone has any suggestions please let me know:)

No comments: