background

Monday, August 31, 2009

Really down to the wire and SOOO MUCH not done or decided

Ok so we are less than 4 weeks left. Only 3 full weekends left to get things done. So much to do!!! But I am just excited about it all. Whatever happens happens and I trust that the LORD has an amazing day planned for us:)

So I had my first hair and make-up consult today with Gina:) I love her and it is such a blessing she is doing this for me. We didn't do any trials, just got ideas and such so we can do some trials. I am really excited about this:) Our biggest subject however was "The DRESS" how to get the stains out. I have talked to people that are seamstresses and such and they say DON'T WASH IT!!! So now we are trying to figure out how to spot treat it without ruining the fabric. Yikes we have a few things to try so please pray it goes well. If not we have a back up plan of maybe adding pick-ups but this would be a lot of work and not sure if dress would be long enough if we did that so we would rather not if possible. I will keep you informed!!
We had a crazy night last night somewhat wedding related. We went the 3 hours over to meet the pastor who is marrying us for a premarital counseling session. He was great and we are excited he will be marrying us. But on our way home we were getting back late and we came around the corner to see a truck in the ditch that had rolled for a long ways. Mind you we do live in the middle of nowhere so we could tell no one had come along. I called 911 and my fiance got out to check in the truck and such and no one, but the truck reaked of alchol from 10 feet away. So we immediatley started searching the ditches and such as best we could in the dark for someone in case they had been thrown from the vehicle. We just couldn't see with no light, so we decided to head back to the ranch which is like 8 miles get flashlights and rush back but on our way we found the guy 1 1/2 miles down the road. He was very disorriented and very drunk of course. We called 911 again to report him and got a friend called for him and had to wait about an hour for police and ambulance to get there(told you far out) He is lucky to be alive but I really hope he remembers how stupid drinking and driving is and that he could have killed someone!!!! NO TOLLERANCE for drinking and driving in my book!!!! But we were just glad that we found him and that we were able to get him the help he needed. Who knows what would have happened if not.
Now back to our regularly scheduled wedding:)

No comments: